Tax Credits: Other Government research and reports
In addition to reports published by HMRC, other parts of the Government have also produced reports about the tax credits system.
- Public Accounts Committee Reports
- Public Administration Select Committee
- HM Courts and Tribunal Services
- National Audit Office
The Public Accounts Committee has produced several reports on the tax credits system.
- 2013/14: Tax credits fraud and error
- 2009/2010 (2)
- 2009/2010 - Government response
- 2008/2009 - Government response
- 2007/2008 - Government response
- 2006/2007 - Government response
- 2005/2006 - Government response
- 2005/2006 (2) - Government response
- 2003/2004 - Government response
The Public Administration Select Committee has produced two reports in relation to the ‘Tax Credits – Putting it right’ report from the Ombudsman:
Annual report under Section 40 of the Tax Credits Act 2002 (Feb 2011)
Annual report to the Treasury on Tax Credits under Section 40 of the Tax Credits Act 2002. This report contains details of the number of awards of each tax credit made in the year, the number of enquiries conducted under section 19, the number of penalties imposed; and the number of prosecutions and convictions for offences connected with tax credits.
Annual review of certain tax credit monetary amounts under Section 41 of the Tax Credits Act 2002 (Feb 2011)
Annual review of certain tax credit monetary amounts to see whether they have retained their value in relation to prices. The review covers the income thresholds at which each tax credit will start to be withdrawn (including the family element of CTC), any thresholds relating to changes in income between the current tax year and the previous tax year; and the amounts for the various elements of WTC and CTC.
The Annual Tribunals Statistics Annual report is an Official Statistics report which refers to activity over a financial year period from 1 April to 31 March. The report contains activity details for all tribunals combined and for individual tribunals. Details of receipts, disposals, caseload outstanding, outcome of hearings, performance, judicial sitting days and adjournments and postponements are provided in the report.
Quarterly statistics for all four quarters of the annual reports.
Monthly Statistical Notices presenting management information for the Social Security and Child Support tribunal have been published for January 2011 onwards.
Tackling Tax Credits Error & Fraud
Press release: Tackling tax Credits Error & fraud
HMRC Progress on reducing costs
HMRC Customer Service Performance
- Press Release: HMRC Customer Service Performance
- ‘Working Tax Credit and labour supply’: Treasury working paper report (2008)
- House of Commons research (December 2001) - This research report sets out the main points of the Tax Credit Bill (as introduced to Parliament in November 2001) and explains how the system will operate.
- HMRC error and fraud strategy (October 2010)
Updated 24 May 2013