National Minimum Wage: External commentary
This section of the site contains links to information about the national minimum wage (NMW) written by other, non-governmental organisations.
If your organisation produces material relating to NMW please let us know and we will include it below.
The guide covers the following issues:
- Who can get the national minimum wage?
- How much is the national minimum wage?
- If your employer is not paying the national minimum wage
- What can you do if you are bullied or dismissed for complaining about national minimum wage?
- Time limits for making a claim to an employment tribunal.
The page covers:
- Who is entitled to minimum pay?
- What is the minimum wage that I am entitled to?
- What is the minimum wage for young workers?
- Does the minimum wage apply to staff on an annual salary?
- I am an adult worker, and believe I'm being paid below the national minimum wage rate
- How can I complain?
- I work on piece rate.
- Am I entitled to the national minimum wage?
Additionally, WorkSmart provides information about national minimum wage for specific groups of workers such as: agency workers, part-time workers, students, migrant workers and home workers.
An interactive calculator allows users to work out whether they are eligible for the national minimum wage.
Updated 4 August 2011